My custom workshops help your team become better web designers.
Custom, bite-sized, hands-on
My in-person workshops are small and involve a lot of hands-on practice—and they’re customized to your needs, using examples from your day-to-day work.
Popular workshop titles
- Coding for print designers
- Designing in the browser
- Comping responsive design
- Advanced Web typography
- Using analytics to win arguments
- Usability testing; or how to use empathy to make money
- Get in touch for more titles and custom workshops
Try a class for free
Try my two popular online classes. They’re 100% free:
- Coding for Designers introduces print designers to HTML and CSS. It’s friendly but rigorous, with lots of examples. Enroll
- UX Fundamentals is a cheat sheet style introduction to User Experience design, spoken in the language of graphic designers. Enroll
What people say about Jim’s classes
Quoted from anonymous evaluations:
Jim was great, funny, engaging and extremely patient. Would recomment him as an instructor for anyone, especially beginners.
I especially liked how he paced introducing new material (baby steps!) and how he gave us exercises so we could work at our own speed.
What a tremendous instructor. This was my first class with him, and I hope it’s not the last. Absolutely brilliant.
Very well prepared and helpful. Felt like he answered everyone’s questions, but didn’t get the class bogged down while doing so.
I’m a freelance instructor and developer, and I love teaching. I was honored to be the highest-ranked web design instructor at Boston University Center for Digital Imaging Arts. Before teaching, I led National Geographic ‘s web design team. Learn more about me.
How to get started
Let’s talk about your needs and timeframe, and I’ll propose a solution that fits both.